Pages

Friday 17 April 2015

RIP

On the 23rd March 2015 at 13:02, my beautiful Shiz Tzu, Angel was put to sleep. I wanted to do a post in memory of her so i'll never forget her (even though I never would anyway!)


In August 2005, we went to have a look at a bunch of Shiz Tzu's, hoping that we would be able to buy one. We were overwhelmed with how in love we fell with Angel straight away. Her mum, Lola, was a long-haired white and laid back Shiz Tzu while her dad Monty, was a short-haired brown and very lively Shiz Tzu. Angel was a twin and we begged my step dad to let us have both of them but he said no! Angel was only a few weeks old at the time so we waited until she was ready to leave her parents to bring her home. When we did finally get her home, she settled in straight away. She'd run around the living room and slide all across the laminate floor. She loved having her stomach rubbed and nibbling on our fingers. 
As she grew older, she developed her own little personality and we were all smitten with her, She was unlike any other dog i'd ever met. She was always so happy to me whenever I walked through the door- I always say that I wish everybody was as happy to see me as she was. She'd sleep in my bed at night with me most nights and take up literally all of my bed. She would have no qualms about lying across my legs, leaving my unable to move for most of the night. Whenever, I didn't let her in my bed, she'd sleep in her bed on my bedroom floor; every now and again throughout the night, she'd try her luck and jump up onto my bed, cheeky!
I bought her this cow bed (even though I absolutely hate cows!) and she loved it so much! Her tail was mid-wag in the picture. When we buried her, we wrapped the cow print cover around what we buried her in. 

She'd hide bones in her bed and just sit watching over them. If you went near her bed while there was a bone in it, she'd get all possessive and bow her head over it while giving you the side eye. 




You can tell how much Angel loved my bed by the way she looks so at home on there! I love this photo, she looks like a big teddy bear! 

Bath was one of my least favourite and favourite things at the same time. She absolutely hated baths and wouldn't come near me afterwards. When lifting her into the bath, she'd spread her paws out to avoid the water! I had to bribe her with treats throughout bathtime in an attempt to keep her in the bath and avoid jumping out. I'd always give her a blow dry and a doggy massage afterwards which she enjoyed but bathtime was definitely not her favourite time. 
This was taken just before we were going on a walk. As soon as you said "WALKIES", she'd go crazy and run around the house, sliding across the floor. Walks took a very long time; rather than having a few long wees, she'd have about 10 million really short ones. Rather than just having a poo, she'd sniff around for ages and then when she found the perfect spot, she'd go around in a circle for about 5 minutes before actually doing one. Then, she would drag her paws through the mud and kick up loads of mud everywhere. Such a strange but special dog! She'd also decide that she didn't want to do anymore walking so she would just lie down randomly and i'd have to carry her home! 


Our cuddles were always my favourite. When everybody had gone to bed, we would sit and watch TV and then go up to bed. The hardest thing is for me being downstairs on my own at the moment. I'm so not used to it because Angel always used to be down there with me and that's when we used to talk. Yes, talk. I used to talk to her like a human. 




To me and my family, Angel wasn't a dog she was part of our family. She always will be so so so loved and she'll never be able to be replaced. I feel so happy that we were lucky enough to have such a wonderful dog. 




 It has always been quite a well-known fact that Angel is a massive lesbian. She was always trying to hump female dogs whenever she got the chance. She used to have a teddy which she humped non-stop, all of the stuffing came out of it so we had to throw it away. She'd never grown as attached to a teddy again, focusing more on real-life dogs! I hope that she's chasing all of the girls up in heaven! 











Oh, So Ladylike!


Lol, Lying in the sun, getting her teeth out!

My beautiful girl will never ever be forgotten! I'm so thankful for such a special and amazing dog. I love you more than anything Ange. I hope you like what I did for you in the garden. I'm quite the gardener now! 

I'll love you forever! 








No comments:

Post a Comment